Friday, June 29, 2007

My Baby Has A Lot Of Flem

The Who - The Who Sings My Generation

The Who - The Who Sings My Generation (1965)


My Generation The Who
LP
Release December 3, 1965
Recording
April and October 1965

Genre Rock, Proto-punk

Duration 36:13
Label (s)

Brunswick Records Producer (s)
Shel Talmy
LP

My Generation, also known as The Who Sings My Generation (version British and American respectively) is the band's debut album English of rock The Who , which was recorded and released in 1965 . He was regarded by many critics as one of the best albums in rock history in various lists.

The single "My Generation was released before the album and reached second place in the UK charts. "A Legal Matter", "The La La Lies "and" The Kids Are Alright "were also released as singles, but without much success (although" The Kids Are Alright "was the eighth in Sweden)." My Generation "and "The Kids Are Alright" are two of the most popular songs and versions of the group. While "My Generation" is a rocker and aggressive number that presaged punk movement , " The Kids Are Alright " is a pop song more sophisticated and is considered a founder of the movement power pop. "Circles" was performed by group mod at that time called Les Fleur de Lys , who gained notoriety for its inclusion in the Nuggets box set .

Tracklist:

All songs written by Pete Townshend the exceptions mentioned.

English version ("My Generation")


01 "Out In The Street" (2:31)
02 "I Don ' t Mind " (James Brown) (2:36)
03"The Good's Gone" (4:02)
04"La La La Lies" (2:17)
05"Much Too Much" (2:47)
06"My Generation" (3:18)
07"The Kids Are Alright" (3:10)
08"Please, Please, Please" (James Brown/John Terry) (2:45)
09"It's Not True" (2:31)
10"I'm A Man" (Bo Diddley) (3:23)
11"A Legal Matter" (2:48)
12"The Ox" ([[Pete Townshend/Keith Moon/John Entwistle/Nicky Hopkins) (3:50)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LP

North American version ("The Who Sings My Generation")

list of topics:
01 "Out In The Street" (2:31) 02
"I Don'ts Mind" (
James Brown) (2:36) 03
"The Good's Gone" (4:02)
04 "La La La Lies" (2:17) 05
"Much Too Much" (2:47)
06 "
My Generation" (3:18) 07
"
The Kids Are Alright " (2:46) 08
"Please, Please, Please" (James Brown
/ John Terry ) (2:45)
09 "It's Not True" (2:31)
10 "The Ox" (Pete Townshend
/ Keith Moon / John Entwistle / Nicky Hopkins) (3:50 )
11 "A Legal Matter" (2:48)

12 "Instant Party (Circles)" (3:12)


Details
The first American edition "Circles" was mistakenly called "Instant Party" and was called "Instant Party (Circles)" in subsequent editions. ("Instant Party" is a different song.) According to the notes of the "Deluxe Edition" "I'm A Man" was eliminated from the American edition of its sexual content. The U.S. edition also featured a shortened version and different from "The Kids Are Alright." Both editions have a different cover.
In 2002 it released a deluxe edition double English and cover a total of 30 songs. Personal




The Who Roger Daltrey: Pete Townshend
voice, guitar and vocals
John Entwistle: bass and vocals
Keith Moon: drums and percussion

Other musicians
Nicky Hopkins : piano

0 comments:

Post a Comment